Tuesday, January 8, 2013

OFF TO LOS ANGELES

Well its that time of the year again so I am flying off to LA on Friday, Jan 11th to LA via Seoul on Korean A380.  Great airplane for a long trip with flat beds,  and lounges upstairs to relax and read. I hate long trips so the stop in Seoul is great for 2 hours.  Can have a Whopper at Burger King,  go ice skating on the rink in the terminal,  shop,  and world's fastest wifi (free).   Will arrive LA at 130pm and then drive down to Orange County arriving around 4pm.  Will be good to see everyone and my lovely BMW which I only get to drive once a year for a few days. 

Will be meeting with Greg Louganis,  Tai Babilonia and Randy Gardner for lunch on Tuesday the 15th up at "The Grove" in Hollywood, one of my favorite places to visit. Actually its the Farmers Market next door that I like the most.  Shops selling hot sauce,  fresh pecans and other nuts and soft drinks like Orange Crush,  Cherrywine,  RC Cola, etc. that haven't been made for years can still be found here.  Love it.

Will visit my god-nephew,  US National Jr Men's Champion Nathan Chen on Saturday 12th for a long lunch and before he flies off to Omaha for US Nationals.  Will defend his title so wishing him good luck.

Will fly back on night of 21st Jan to Hong Kong via Seoul arriving 2 days later at 11am and back to my little pup Kita.  I miss her the most when I walk out my door everyday, but a lot when I take trips to China or USA.

Have to visit my doctor again and perhaps get PET/CT scans done once again.  Some old problems have returned I am afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment