Sunday, February 3, 2013

Returned from LA a little earlier than planned to settle my tax with Inland Revenue in Hong Kong who sent the bill to American instead of my HK address.  Totally ruined my holiday in America except for two wonderful lunches I had.  First lunch was at The Grove in Hollywood where I met up with Tai Babilonia and Randy Gardner as well as Olympic gold medalist diving champion (4 golds 1 silver)  Greg Louganis who is without doubt the worlds greatest and most famous champion for that sport.   We had a great lunch at Morrels.    The following day I drove back up to Hollywood to the oldest and most famous restaurant on Hollywood Blvd.  to meet with Richard Dwyer and both Tai and Greg joined us again for a wonderful lunch and great service.  The restaurant was located near to Paramount studios and famous guests going back 80 years includes Charlie Chaplin,  Greta Garbo and many others and even rock stars.

I flew back on Korean Air  A380 upstairs in business as I did on the trip over which made the entire journey better but being inside an airplane for more than 3 hours really isn't my idea of fun no matter where you sit or what food they serve.

When I arrived in HK I had a terrible case of the flu which put me straight to bed with coughing, fever and a tremendous weight loss (nearly 23 lbs total) which I am now trying to regain although I still have the cough.  Losing that much weight takes away all your energy.  Just walking now is difficult and often makes me feel faint.

Chinese New Year is starting this weekend,   so I'll have 5 days of rest and hopefully some food to put some pounds back on.   The one good thing in my life is my dog Kita who is there for me 24 hours a day.  Just love that little pup.

No comments:

Post a Comment