Monday, May 14, 2012

SUMMER IN CENTRAL

My office is located on Duddell Street in Central, which is the main business district of Hong Kong.  Our offices face the green trees that surround the Governor's mansion,  so the view is really restful. I can also look upward toward the Peak.  We're within a short distance of Hollywood Road, Lan Kwai Fong and Soho, so lunchtime is usually a short walk and a selection of restaurants you wouldn't believe, from incredible Pizza (Paisano's) to middle eastern,  Mexican, Lebanese, Italian, Thai, Indian, American Deli, and this list is never ending.  Weather this time of year is fairly hot, always above 30c and sometimes a lot of heavy rains which I love. I can drag out one of my Burberry raincoats which I love to wear.  My dog gets her 6am walk with my helper Dennis and  again at 4:15pm each one lasting about 90 minutes.   The dog is worn out when she comes back into the apartment which is always cool (and my electricity bill is high).  I usually get visitors fairly often and this week Jeff Chan from Hangzhou will come down for 4 days to learn about being a site manager for one of my China projects.  That will be followed by Lion Zhen from Shenzhen who used to work for me in Hangzhou as my doggie nanny.  I love having my former staff to come and visit cause they're all a great bunch of people.   David Liu has just returned from Israel where he's taking classes with the Batsheva Dance Company.  He and his partner Darren Olivero own the apartment I live in. 

Next week I will do my long overdue complete body check which includes a CT and PET scan, followed by a medical procedure which requires me to stay in hospital overnight and after that depending what the results are I am either going in for more work or be out free for another year. 

Thats the update from Hong Kong on 15 May, 2012 at 8:19am.

No comments:

Post a Comment