Sunday, December 11, 2011

Winter in Hong Kong

Well Hong Kong isn't really famous for things "winter" but this year the decorations are all over the place.  Every skyscraper is covered with lights and there is now an outdoor ice rink located in Kowloon, Tsim Sha Tsui East across from the ShangriLa Hotel.  Weather has turned a bit cold for Hong Kong with temperatures as low as 6c in come areas near the airport but mostly around 10c in the city.  At least I get to use some of many winter coats and scarves.  My little pup Kita isn't used to cold weather so we can't keep her outside too long each morning.  I will be spending 2011 Christmas in Hong Kong and foregoing my annual trip to Los Angeles until Jan 19th when I will fly on the new A380 airplane to Seoul and Los Angeles,  stopping in Seoul to visit Peter Walshaw for a few hours at the Grand Hyatt Hotel.  Will be my chance also to see the ice rink that I colllaborated on some years back.  Will post some photos of the outdoor rink if I can find them on the camera.  

No comments:

Post a Comment