Sunday, August 28, 2011

GLAD IRENE DIDN'T DAMAGE NEW YORK TOO MUCH

I can remember when I lived on East 36th street in Murray Hill district of Manhattan, there was a horrible hurricane one day so my room mate Jerry Thayer and I went out and quite literally played in the wind and rain. We were a little stupid I guess but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. I know lots of New Yorkers throw parties for almost any reason so I am guessing there were lots of sleep overs and parties during the storm.   I would also imagine a lot of babies are going to be born in 9 months as well.   Broadway was shut down which was strange because TV images showed Times Square deserted but all the signs were lit and going like mad.  Bet the dancers and singers were happy to have an extra night off.  My friend Jerry has a beautiful country home upstate in New York and rode the storm out there with some water in the basement but little else.

No comments:

Post a Comment